Act NOW Executive Meeting at Rio +20
“Boost Energy Efficient Solutions NOW”
1.45-4.15pm, June 20, Rio Pavilion, Parque dos Atletas
1.45-1.50pm – Introduction & Welcome
1.50-2.00pm – Opening statement
Why Act NOW? What have we done so far?
by Lisbet Bræmer-Jensen, CEO and Founder of Act NOW
2.00-2.45pm – Panel – Act NOW – Using existing solutions to create change
What are the key efficiency tools available to businesses today for increasing commercial competitiveness and reducing energy and resource use and CO2 emissions?
Moderated by Helle Bank Jørgensen, CEO, Brand Accountability
- Bryan Jacob, Energy & Climate Protection Director, The Coca-Cola Company
- Pernille Blach Hansen, Director of Sustainability, Grundfos
- Jesper Nygård, CEO, KAB (Copenhagen Housing Association)
2.45-3.15pm Networking break
3.15-3.25pm – Keynote
by Connie Hedegaard, Commissioner for Climate Action, European Commission
3.25-4.10pm – Panel - Act NOW – Catalysing investment in energy efficiency
The private sector can play a lead role in increasing energy efficiency to 2030. How can public policy work harder to catalyse private sector investment in energy efficiency measures?
Moderated by Peter Boyd, COO, The Carbon War Room
- H.E. Martin Lidegaard, Minister for Climate, Energy and Building, Denmark
- Philippe Joubert, Special adviser to the Chairman and CEO of Alstom
- Kelly Rigg, Executive Director of Global Campaign for Climate Action (Tck, Tck, Tck)
4.10-4.15pm Closing statement
Act NOW action plan and Award Event week 41 in Copenhagen
For more information or questions regarding Act NOW enter ActNOW-Movement.com.