The World Green Summit (WGS) is a new annual high-level forum committed to progressing sustainable development and the green economy, by engaging business, finance, government and other leaders to find solutions for industries, cities, regions and nations. The inaugural WGS provides a media, marketing and networking platform during the official Rio+20 conference, to enable the world’s leading CEOs, financiers, celebrities, and dignitaries to initiate, communicate and build solutions for a sustainable future.
For any urgent queries please contact:
- Adam Nethersole (London Office) Tel +44 207 871 0123 / Email: email@example.com
- Sula Bruce (Rio Team) Tel: (+55 21) 807 60811 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All roads around Riocentro will be closed by the Brazilian Army for Rio+20 delegates ONLY.
Therefore anyone with accreditation to the official Rio+20 conference, can take any form of transportation to Riocentro or Athlete’s Park, but please come early as there will be severe delays. The Athlete’s Park opens at 11.00am.
All others must take one of the shuttle services as outlined below. Anyone who is Rio+20 accredited are advised to take the large buses. Other World Green Summit delegates are advised to take the smaller mini-buses.
1. THE VENUE
- Rio de Janeiro Government Pavilion, Olympics Athlete’s Park, Cidade do Rock, (Opposite the Rio Centro), Avenida Salvador Allende, 6555, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, 22780-160, Brazil. For location map details please click here.
- Registration at the Pavilion opens at 12.30pm. The Summit will start at 1.45pm with introductory announcements.
2. ACCREDITATION, TRANSPORT AND DOCUMENTATION NEEDED
- IMPORTANT! Due to additional security measures in place on June 20, all delegates and speakers are advised to take a special shuttle service to the Olympic Athlete’s Park (Parque dos Atletas). There will be road closures around the venue. Only those who have pre-registered will be able to gain accreditation at the transfer points and use the shuttle service.
- IMPORTANT! Please bring this letter of confirmation to the accreditation / transfer point.
- IMPORTANT! Please bring your passport as identification.
3. SHUTTLE BUS LOCATIONS
Anyone who is Rio+20 accredited are advised to take the large buses.
Other World Green Summit delegates are advised to take the smaller mini-buses.
- Shuttle from Siqueira Campos Station, Copacabana – accreditation from 0800; Buses will depart once an hour at 0900, 1000, 1100 and 1200.
- Shuttle from Detran Barra da Tijuca – accreditation from 0900; Shuttle service starting at 1000 and running until 1300.
- Shuttle from Detran Barra da Tijuca (SPEAKERS ONLY) – please arrive 15mins before departure. Buses will depart at 0730 and 0930. Speakers can also take any of the other shuttles at other locations.
- Shuttle from Casa de Cultura Laura Alvim, Ipanema (OFFICIAL RIO+20 DELEGATIONS ONLY) – accreditation from 0830. Buses depart at 0900 and 1200.
- Return shuttle services - The return shuttles will depart from the Athlete’s Park from 1600 until 1900.
Rio de Janeiro Government Pavilion, Olympics Athlete’s Park,
Cidade do Rock, (Opposite the Rio Centro), Avenida Salvador Allende, 6555, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, 22780-160, Brazil.
View Larger Map of Athletes’ Park Location